Better Cupertino supports:
• Informed, empowered residents who are engaged in civic matters
• Transparency and accountability in local and regional government
• Sensible growth that is aligned with the needs and interests of a majority of residents
Liang Chao & Jon Willey run for Cupertino City Council!
Two core members of Better Cupertino are running for City Council. With your help, we can add sensible growth, pro-resident voices to the council.
Jon Willey and Liang Chao’s 2018 campaign kick-off party is at the Senior Center on Sunday, Aug. 26, 4:30-6:30. RSVP at Eventbrite.
Jon Willey’s campaign site
Liang’s campaign site is coming soon.
Raise your voice for retail at Vallco!
Sign the “Retail Destination” petition at the table outside the library most SATURDAYs and SUNDAYs from 4:30–6:30 pm during August. No library table on Sunday August 26–please join us for Jon and Liang’s 2018 campaign kick-off party at the Senior Center 4:30-6:30.
The petition to Cupertino City council requests a significant retail component, max 60′ heights, and no corporate offices at Vallco. The Retail Destination petition is available in printed format only. You can take printed petitions for your family, friends, and neighbors to sign.
Can’t make it? Email us at BetterCupertino@gmail.com.
~ ~ ~
Better Cupertino also sponsors two online platforms for your voice on Vallco:
- A survey of what people want at Vallco. The survey results informed the Retail Destination petition. The survey received 10 times as many responses as the survey that was commissioned by Opticos–the City-hired consultant. Any survey with a decent sample size in the last several years shows that people want retail and little or no office at Vallco.
- A petition to City Council to clarify zoning standards at Vallco. Unclear zoning standards allow developers to use the new SB35 law to build without local control and without consideration for impacts to traffic, schools, or the environment.
Click the icons on this map to view approved and ongoing development projects in Cupertino.
Learn more at Development Projects List…